The Texas Medical Center Women’s History Project has completed the first installment of oral history interviews with women who have contributed to the development of the TMC.
The goal of the project is to preserve these historical materials at the TMC Library’s Archives to make them available to researchers.
The first five interviewees are:
- Dorothy Otto, MSN, EdD, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Nursing
- Dianna Milewicz, MD, PhD, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School
- Lu Ann Aday, PhD, The University of Texas School Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health
- Anna Steinberger, PhD, UTHealth Medical School
- Julane Hotchkiss Knobil, PhD, UTHealth Medical School
This year’s collection of oral histories for the TMC Women’s History Project is sponsored by private donations, the Faculty Wives & Women Faculty of the UTHealth Medical School, PARTNERS at the UTHealth School of Nursing, and the TMC Library.
For more information about the project, the March 21 event, or to nominate other women who have influenced the history of the TMC for inclusion in the next installment, please contact email@example.com